Today we are making posters for our fundraiser for Valentines day! Please come out and help us make posters. Remember this can count towards part of an activity if you want to be a prestigious member.
We will be having our regularly scheduled meeting this Wednesday at 1530 (3:30pm) in SCA 106. There will be food. So come out and join SNA and be a part of the fun. We have a lot going on. We need to plan our upcoming activities and service projects for the semester. We also need to get a list of people going to the SNA conference on Feb 4th this week (1/18) if you would like to get any type of re-reimbursement. So we would love to see a full house at our meetings!
T-shirts, Sweatshirts and miscellany should be available next week in the Nursing Office. Don't forget to pick them up!
Will be tomorrow night (11/12/14) from 5-8 at DQ
The following Monday there will be another % night around the same time as well
Come support Camp Kesem
Level 3 fundraiser t-shirts, sweatshirts, sweatpants, lanyards, decals, and blankets last day to order will be the end of next week.
January 1st will be the due date for the next installment of money ($400).
Friday Nov. 14
7pm theater in Sharwan
$2 per person
Camp fire pageant put on by Chi Phi all $ goes towards Camp Kesem
Tomorrow night at 6:30 there will be a speaker at the Sharwan Smith Brian Head room
February 7th SNA meeting
5K Parkinson run
- 200 E 200 S is where it is going to start
- It begins 7 am on 10/18/14
- If you can't donate for the fundraiser then you can volunteer your time to help set up chairs, etc. or do both
- 3 letters will be due Dec. 3rd
- $500 due Oct 31 for the buy in
- Gather materials for a first aid drive
- sign up to save lives
Medallion vs. Cord
- another program already has a cord the same color as ours would be so were going to have medallions instead
Graduation Rep Election
- Natalie Jennings
Pre-Nursing student Rep
- Justin Robbins
Delete Blood Cancer (Oct 15-16)
Parkinson 5K (Oct 18th)
- % night (dinner) Mid November
- Thanksgiving Drive (mid November)
- Spring 5K
- Sweet heart/Sweet tooth (spring bake sale)
- Chocolate Festival
- Fell flowers and candy hearts
- Crowd funding video
- Call alumni
- Letters to be sent (3 letters per person) write a paragraph on the back about how this is going to benefit you as a future nurse and how it will benefit the people of the DR. Drop it off to the manager of the business or doctors or person in charge.
- Clothing drive
Dominican Republic info
- $1700 dollars to go
- it goes from the 9th to the 16th of May
- $500 non-refundable deposit due Oct 31 if you are going
- if you pay the $500 dollar deposit and can't go you can sell it to someone else who wants to go
- The rest of the money is due in payments of $400 from 1/19/15 until 3/30/15
- you can check out Facebook at solid rock guesthouse for pictures of our accommodations.
Delete Blood Cancer
- swab your mouth for $2 dollars per person of fundraiser money (used to help fund camp kesem)
- Meeting tonight at 5:00 to learn more about the process (should last about (30 minutes)
- fundraiser will take place the 15th and 16th of October
Dominican republic fundraisers
- Meeting for ideas and dates next Wednesday
- writing letters for donations (with SUU letterhead)
SNA fundraisers (Used for anything SNA related)
- 5k run
Today's meeting will begin at 11:30 we will be talking about fundraisers in general including the Dominican Republic trip. Come with ideas that we can use to get rich!!!
This week we had Gabrielle Stand come by to talk to us about the Americorp Program and how it can benefit all those in the nursing program. For more information look at the links page.
This week we welcomed Level 1s and gave them an overview of what we do.
Heidi Schneider came in to give a initial overview of the Costa Rica trip set for sometime in May 2015 (see Weekly Meeting Minutes tab for details on expected down payments and rates, etc.)
We talked about the Homecoming Parade Committee for Sat 13 Sept - If you are interested in participating, Monday at 1300 will be the first meeting in the Nursing Common Area
Welcome to the new Webmaster - Ben, he'll be hitting you with the updates after a few weeks to warm up.
Next Orientation Date is AUGUST 1ST!!!!
The new semester is fast approaching and I wanted to remind all of you that Americorps is a great volunteer program that can help you get a little bit of cash towards student loans for time you will already be spending involved in humanitarian efforts (i.e. clinicals). If you are interested, you can contact Gabrielle Strand or head over to the Utah Campus Compact Website. You must participate in an orientation (even if you have previously signed up) and there is other paperwork that you will need to submit if it is your first time. Take a look at their calendar for the upcoming dates - If you sign up now, your paperwork should be finished by the August 15th start date, in plenty of time to begin the semester! Otherwise you could be delayed for several valuable weeks and volunteer hours. This helps out with Edge Project Coordination, as well. More information about the sign up is included on this website under "Links and Information"
It is now officially ILLEGAL to Dial a Phone# or Text on a Cell Phone while driving in Utah, and can be considered a PRIMARY Offense. AKA Cops can and WILL pull you over for it!
Please be aware that distracted driving is a big problem; do your best to be part of the solution - Pull over, do it in the parking lot before/after driving, or just turn it off!
For more information: http://le.utah.gov/~code/TITLE41/htm/41_06a171600.htm
This Thursday evening in the Sharwan Smith Living Room at 6 PM is a Documentary Showing of "The Waiting Room" - A film about overcrowding hospitals due to uninsured patients.
At 7 PM is a Presentation on "Obamacare's Impact on Utah" - Brought to you by Dr. Jeff Gardner and Sen Evan Vickers
Both of these subjects are hot topics right now and great to know for your future in Nursing. Please consider going and ask your teachers for credit to do so!
This Friday appointments go from 9:30 am - 2:45 pm in the Sharwan Smith Center - Ballroom for our Blood Drive. We had lots of sign ups, which is just great! If you need a few volunteers hours or would just like to help out, we'd love to see you there!